Government has recently released guidance for the administration of the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant effective from the 30 December 2021. The Government has mandated that the council undertakes extensive pre-payment checks prior to the payment of ALL Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant.
For further information see Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant: guidance for Local Authorities
The pre-payment checks apply to all previous grant recipients, consequently we will not be able to process Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grants as quickly as we have done with previous Business Support Grants. Please be aware that we may require additional information/documentation from you that hasn't been requested previously.
About Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant
On 21 December 2021, Government announced the introduction of grant support for hospitality and leisure businesses in England. See announcement here:
The scheme provides support to hospitality, leisure and accommodation businesses, in recognition that the rise of the Omicron variant means that some businesses are likely to struggle over the coming weeks.
This support will take the form of a one-off grant funding scheme. Funding to be made available in Financial Year 2021-2022 and can be used in Financial Year 21/22 only. The scheme is called the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant and is administered by business rate billing authorities in England.
This application is provided to capture the information required by North Devon Council to verify and make the payment of this grant. You will need your:
• rate account reference and the name of the ratepayer as it appears on your most recent bill
• your VAT number (if registered)
• your Unique Tax Reference (UTR)
• National Insurance Number
• December 2021/January 2022 bank statements covering 30 December 2021 and a utility bill showing a link to the relevant address.
For holiday letting:
• evidence of receiving paying guests during the last six months.
If you run multiple business activities from your premises:
• evidence of the income breakdown for each activity, for example, profit and loss accounts, management accounts or an accountant statement.
Payments will be made by BACS to your business account.
Make an application
Choose this option to start a new application. Click on the start button: